Chicken Ham Supreme Recipe
Chicken Ham Supreme is an easy yet impressive main dish. The recipe comes from Ki Humphreville of Lancaster, Pennsylvania, who reports,"This recipe never fails to generate recipe requests."
- 4 cups (32 ounces) sour cream
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 4 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 4 teaspoons each celery salt, garlic salt and paprika
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 24 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (3/4 to 1 inch thick)
- 24 thin slices fully cooked ham
- 4-1/2 cups dry bread crumbs
- 1-1/2 cups butter melted, divided
- In a several large resealable plastic bags, combine the sour cream, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce and seasonings; add chicken. Seal and turn to coat. Refrigerate overnight.
- Remove chicken and discard marinade. Place 1 ham slice down center of each chicken breast. Fold chicken over ham; secure with toothpicks.
- Place bread crumbs in a large resealable plastic bag. Add chicken, a few pieces at a time, and shake to coat. Place in three greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dishes. Pour about 1/4 cup of butter over each dish.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Uncover; baste with remaining butter. Bake 15-20 minutes longer or until juices run clear. Remove toothpicks. Yield: 24 servings.
Originally published as Chicken Ham Supreme in Taste of Home August/September 1997, p54
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Chicken Ham Supreme(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Baked Chicken >
- Baked Ham >
- Boneless Chicken Recipes >
- Chicken Breast Recipes >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Ham Recipes >
- Make Ahead Dinner Recipes >
- Make-Ahead Recipes >