Chicken Ham Pinwheels
These pretty pinwheels have been a part of our annual Christmas Eve appetizer buffet for many years. I love them because they can be made a day in advance and taste great alone or served with crackers.
—Laura Mahaffey, Annapolis, Maryland
24 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1/8 teaspoon plus 1/2 teaspoon dried basil, divided
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 thin sliced deli ham
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- ORANGE SPREAD:
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1 teaspoon orange juice
- Flatten chicken to 1/4-in. thickness. Combine 1/8 teaspoon basil,
- salt, garlic salt and pepper; sprinkle over chicken. Top each with a
- ham slice.
- Roll up jelly-roll style; place seam side down in a greased 11-in. x
- 7-in. baking dish. Drizzle with lemon juice and sprinkle with
- paprika. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30 minutes or until
- chicken juices run clear. Cover and refrigerate.
- Meanwhile, for orange spread, in a small bowl combine the mayonnaise,
- orange peel, orange juice and remaining basil. Cover and refrigerate
- until serving. Cut chicken rolls into 1/2-in. slices. Serve with