These pretty pinwheels have been a part of our annual Christmas Eve appetizer buffet for many years. I love them because they can be made a day in advance and taste great alone or served with crackers. —Laura Mahaffey, Annapolis, Maryland
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1/8 teaspoon plus 1/2 teaspoon dried basil, divided
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 thin sliced deli ham
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- ORANGE SPREAD:
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1 teaspoon orange juice
- Flatten chicken to 1/4-in. thickness. Combine 1/8 teaspoon basil, salt, garlic salt and pepper; sprinkle over chicken. Top each with a ham slice.
- Roll up jelly-roll style; place seam side down in a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. Drizzle with lemon juice and sprinkle with paprika. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30 minutes or until chicken juices run clear. Cover and refrigerate.
- Meanwhile, for orange spread, in a small bowl combine the mayonnaise, orange peel, orange juice and remaining basil. Cover and refrigerate until serving. Cut chicken rolls into 1/2-in. slices. Serve with orange spread. Yield: 24 servings.
Originally published as Chicken Ham Pinwheels in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2001, p26
Reviews for Chicken Ham Pinwheels
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jun. 10, 2010
"They are fairly easy to make and make a wonderful appetizer for a picnic supper. I am making them again tomorrow to take to a concert at one of our local wineries!"