- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon minced garlic, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 1/2 cup chopped peeled cucumber
- 1/3 cup plain yogurt
- 1/4 teaspoon dill weed
- 2 whole pita breads
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the lemon juice, oil, 1/2 teaspoon garlic, mustard and oregano; add chicken. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for at least 1 hour. In a small bowl, combine the cucumber, yogurt, dill and remaining garlic; cover and refrigerate until serving.
- Drain and discard marinade. In a large nonstick skillet, cook and stir the chicken for 7-8 minutes or until no longer pink. Spoon onto pita breads. Top with yogurt mixture and onion; fold in half Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews for Chicken Gyros
Sort By :
"Made this tonight and it was a hit. It's a keeper.the only change was a little sour cream in the sauce to mellow it out."
"I give this one star, only because I couldn't give it zero. This was horrible. The chicken was nothing like gyros flavor at all. It was lemon chicken. None of my kids or my husband enjoyed this and they usually are pretty easy to please. I couldn't even finish mine. The sauce was pretty good."
"my family and I really love this recipe. It is so quick and easy. My picky kids like to eat the chicken plain. I use naan instead of pita, we just like it better. The garlic in the sauce makes it yummy, and be sure to taste to make sure it has enough salt. Oh, and I also prefer using full-fat yogurt for the sauce. The fat free greek yogurt is just tasteless."
"Thought the chicken and the sauce were bland, will not make again"
"I used fresh dill and I also added a teaspoon of red wine vinegar for the tetziki sauce. And instead of the basic tomatoes and lettuce Imake a kalamata olive and pepperoncini and feta mix! I worked at a Greek restaurant and they used it in their gyros it's the best!!!!!"