- 1 jar (15 ounces) roasted garlic Alfredo sauce
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups cubed rotisserie chicken
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (16 ounces) potato gnocchi
- 3 cups coarsley chopped fresh spinach
- 4 teaspoons prepared pesto
- In a large saucepan, combine the first six ingredients; bring to a gentle boil, stirring occasionally. Stir in gnocchi and spinach; cook 3-8 minutes or until gnocchi float. Top each serving with pesto. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Chicken Gnocchi Pesto Soup(3)
Sort By :
Thank you, Deanna, my neighbor to the South!! (Minnesota here!!)
I finally made this wonderful soup! (Twice!)
I did 'sweat' chopped garlic in a bit of butter before adding the other ingredients.
(I would suggest whisking the water into the sauce to blend it.)
Not wanting to venture out in freezing temps., I did use frozen spinach. Not the kind that is frozen in a block.
I made half the recipe because I was dining alone and wanted reruns the next day. Needless to say, there wasn't too much left!
I also topped it with some grated parmesan.
It was totally a feast for the eyes when topped with a teaspoon of Pesto with the olive oil slowly running off onto the warm soup!!
I made it again a few days later!!
What more can I say, other than easy, flavorful, and easily 10 stars - or 20!!
Loved it - Kitzer
This was a big hit with my family and quick and effortless. My husband threw away my Taste of Home magazine, so I was so pleased to find this again online! Making again today :)
I made this yesterday. It is just delicious and so easy!
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Budget Chicken Recipes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Chicken Soup >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Soup Recipes >
- Cream Soups >
- Italian Recipes >
- Italian Soup >
- Italian Soups >
- New Year's Recipes >
- Pasta Recipes >
- Quick Chicken Dinner Recipes >