Chicken Garden Medley Recipe
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup butter, divided
- 1 small yellow squash, julienned
- 1 small zucchini, julienned
- 1/2 cup julienned sweet red pepper
- 1/2 cup julienned green pepper
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced onion
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
- 8 ounces angel hair pasta, cooked and drained
- 2 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1. In a large skillet, saute chicken and garlic in 2 tablespoons butter for 10-12 minutes or until chicken juices run clear. Add vegetables; cook until crisp-tender; set aside.
- 2. In a small saucepan, melt remaining butter. Add flour, salt and pepper; stir to form a smooth paste. Gradually add broth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in cream and heat through. Pour over chicken and vegetables; stir until well mixed.
- 3. Place pasta in a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Pour chicken mixture over top. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Cover and bake at 350° for 20 minutes; uncover and bake 10 minutes longer. Yield: 4-6 servings.
1-1/2 cup: 262 calories, 12g fat (7g saturated fat), 73mg cholesterol, 467mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 20g protein .
Reviews for Chicken Garden Medley
"Loved this! Made as written but could easily use many other variations of veggies, herbs and spices. Thanks for sharing the recipe! It's great!"
"Great family food. My youngest son especially liked it very much, saying: "This is the kind of simple food I want!" I didn't saute the veggies, however, but just added them with the sauce, since peppers and squash get soggy very easily, and I didn't use angel hair as it clumps a lot and I find it hard to work with. Will definitely be making this again."
"Great dish!! I'm thinking of marinating the chicken to give it more flavor."
"Followed the recipe to a "T"......fabulous! Next time I may add fresh mushrooms and a little fresh basil!!"
"also used whole mike instead of the half/half."
"Will make this again with the changes I made. Added shredded carrots for the green peppers and made Lundberg's wild rice blend since we try to avoid pasta when we can. I used 2 minced garlic and a generous amount of parmesan cheese. Loved by all!"
"This was delicious! I had some fresh herbs accessible from my garden so I added some fresh basil and oregano to the cream sauce and it was great, but I think it would have been good with or without the herbs."
"Used linguine & turned out yummy!~ Theresa"
"This tasted like really good "restaurant food!" Will definitely make again, we all loved it just as written."
"This has always been my daughter’s favorite…and anyone else that’s eaten it! Thank you for the recipe, Linda."
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.