After my family sampled this dish at a friend's house, it quickly became a favorite—especially with our teenage daughters, who request it at least once a week!
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup butter, divided
- 1 small yellow squash, julienned
- 1 small zucchini, julienned
- 1/2 cup julienned sweet red pepper
- 1/2 cup julienned green pepper
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced onion
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
- 8 ounces angel hair pasta, cooked and drained
- 2 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- In a large skillet, saute chicken and garlic in 2 tablespoons butter for 10-12 minutes or until chicken juices run clear. Add vegetables; cook until crisp-tender; set aside.
- In a small saucepan, melt remaining butter. Add flour, salt and pepper; stir to form a smooth paste. Gradually add broth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in cream and heat through. Pour over chicken and vegetables; stir until well mixed.
- Place pasta in a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Pour chicken mixture over top. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Cover and bake at 350° for 20 minutes; uncover and bake 10 minutes longer. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Originally published as Chicken Garden Medley in Country Chicken Cookbook 1995, p79
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Chicken Garden Medley
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review