- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup butter, divided
- 1 small yellow squash, julienned
- 1 small zucchini, julienned
- 1/2 cup julienned sweet red pepper
- 1/2 cup julienned green pepper
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced onion
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
- 8 ounces angel hair pasta, cooked and drained
- 2 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- In a large skillet, saute chicken and garlic in 2 tablespoons butter for 10-12 minutes or until chicken juices run clear. Add vegetables; cook until crisp-tender; set aside.
- In a small saucepan, melt remaining butter. Add flour, salt and pepper; stir to form a smooth paste. Gradually add broth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in cream and heat through. Pour over chicken and vegetables; stir until well mixed.
- Place pasta in a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Pour chicken mixture over top. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Cover and bake at 350° for 20 minutes; uncover and bake 10 minutes longer. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Chicken Garden Medley
Sort By :
Great dish!! I'm thinking of marinating the chicken to give it more flavor.
Followed the recipe to a "T"......fabulous! Next time I may add fresh mushrooms and a little fresh basil!!
also used whole mike instead of the half/half.
Will make this again with the changes I made. Added shredded carrots for the green peppers and made Lundberg's wild rice blend since we try to avoid pasta when we can. I used 2 minced garlic and a generous amount of parmesan cheese. Loved by all!
This was delicious! I had some fresh herbs accessible from my garden so I added some fresh basil and oregano to the cream sauce and it was great, but I think it would have been good with or without the herbs.