Chicken Fruit Salad Recipe
- 3 cups cooked elbow macaroni
- 3 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 2 cups cubed peeled fresh peaches
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 1 cup halved strawberries
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 3/4 cup pineapple tidbits, drained
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1/2 cup chopped apple
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Shredded lettuce
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first 11 ingredients. In a small bowl, whisk the mayonnaise, orange juice, sugar, ginger and pepper; pour over salad and toss to coat. Serve on a bed of lettuce. Yield: 12 servings.
One 1-cup serving (prepared with fat-free mayonnaise) equals 207 calories, 5 g fat (0 saturated fat), 21 mg cholesterol, 157 mg sodium, 34 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 9 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 meat, 1 fruit.
Reviews for Chicken Fruit Salad
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.