Chicken-Fried Steak Strips Recipe
My husband and I were dating when I first made him this dish, which is an old favorite of mine. I would swear it was this entree that made him decide to marry me. Today, our kids eat them as fast as I can make'em.
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 pound boneless beef round steak, cut into thin strips
- Oil for frying
- 1. In a shallow bowl, combine egg and milk. In another shallow bowl, combine flour and seasonings. Dip beef in egg mixture, then in flour mixture. Dip again in egg mixture and coat with flour mixture. Let stand for 5 minutes.
- 2. In a skillet, heat 1/4 in. of oil over medium heat. Place a few pieces of meat in the skillet at a time. Fry until golden brown, about 4 minutes. Drain on paper towels. Yield: 2 servings.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC