Chicken-Fried Steak Strips
My husband and I were dating when I first made him this dish, which is an old favorite of mine. I would swear it was this entree that made him decide to marry me. Today, our kids eat them as fast as I can make'em.
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 pound boneless beef round steak, cut into thin strips
- Oil for frying
- In a shallow bowl, combine egg and milk. In another shallow bowl,
- combine flour and seasonings. Dip beef in egg mixture, then in flour
- mixture. Dip again in egg mixture and coat with flour mixture. Let
- stand for 5 minutes.
- In a skillet, heat 1/4 in. of oil over medium heat. Place a few
- pieces of meat in the skillet at a time. Fry until golden brown,
- about 4 minutes. Drain on paper towels. Yield: 2 servings.
Wine: Full-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.