Chicken-Fried Steak Fingers
Christmas simply wouldn't be complete without these finger licking good steak snacks. Two weeks before the holidays, I make and freeze a double batch to fry up for Christmas Eve supper or set out with dipping sauce and frilled party picks.
24 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Cook: 20 min.
- 2 eggs
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 2 cups seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 beef flank steak (1-1/2 pounds), thinly slices
- Vegetable oil for frying
- Barbecue sauce or ranch salad dressing
- In a shallow bowl, beat eggs and milk. In another shallow bowl,
- combine the bread crumbs, salt and pepper. Dip steak strips into egg
- mixture, then roll in crumbs.
- In skillet, heat 2 tablespoons of oil. Fry strips, a few at a time,
- for 1-2 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Add oil as
- needed. Drain on paper towels. Serve with barbecue sauce or ranch
- dressing. Yield: About 4 dozen.
Wine: Blush Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a blush wine such as White Zinfandel or a Rosé.