Christmas simply wouldn't be complete without these finger licking good steak snacks. Two weeks before the holidays, I make and freeze a double batch to fry up for Christmas Eve supper or set out with dipping sauce and frilled party picks.
- 2 eggs
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 2 cups seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 beef flank steak (1-1/2 pounds), thinly slices
- Vegetable oil for frying
- Barbecue sauce or ranch salad dressing
- In a shallow bowl, beat eggs and milk. In another shallow bowl, combine the bread crumbs, salt and pepper. Dip steak strips into egg mixture, then roll in crumbs.
- In skillet, heat 2 tablespoons of oil. Fry strips, a few at a time, for 1-2 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Add oil as needed. Drain on paper towels. Serve with barbecue sauce or ranch dressing. Yield: About 4 dozen.
Originally published as Chicken-Fried Steak Fingers in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2004, p32
Enjoy this recipe with a blush wine such as White Zinfandel or a Rosé.
Reviews for Chicken-Fried Steak Fingers
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jun. 13, 2010
"It was great my family LOVED it."