Chicken-Fried Steak Recipe
- 3/4 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound boneless beef round steak, cut into serving-size pieces
- 1/2 cup fat-free milk
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons water
- 4-1/2 teaspoons King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 3/4 cup fat-free milk
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a shallow bowl, combine flour and pepper. Add beef; turn to coat. Remove meat and pound with a mallet to tenderize. Pour milk into another shallow bowl. Heat oil in a skillet. Dip meat in milk, then coat again in flour mixture; add to skillet. Cover and cook over low heat for 10 on each side or until meat is no longer pink. Remove and keep warm.
- For gravy, add water to skillet; stir to loosen browned bits from pan. In a small bowl, combine the flour, milk and pepper until smooth. Gradually stir into skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with steak. Yield: 4 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Chicken-Fried Steak(3)
Sort By :
These were good but my husband and I prefer a bit more flavor. I amp'd it up by adding seasoned salt to the flour mixture and to the gravy. I also doubled the amount of black pepper. The round steak was fine if pounded thin but we prefer using cube steak.
I made this on the fly and was very happy with the flavor. I added some garlic salt to the flour mixture and the gravy...yummy! I will try cube steak next time, as my round steaks were a little tough. I will surely make again!
I found both the steak and the gravy too bland. I even tried to spice it up but I'm not an expreienced enoug cook to make that kind of adjustment. I'll try a spicier recipe next time.
More Recipe Collections
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Sodium Dinner Recipes >
- Low Sodium Recipes >
- Quick Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Beef Dinners >