Chicken Fried Rice for Two Recipe
- 3/4 cup finely chopped carrot
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 4-1/2 teaspoons canola oil
- 2 cups cold cooked instant rice
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup cubed cooked chicken
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a large skillet or wok, stir-fry carrot and celery in oil for 5 minutes or until crisp-tender. Add rice; stir-fry for 3 minutes or until heated through.
- 2. Make a well in the center of the rice mixture; add eggs. Stir-fry for 2-3 minutes or until eggs are completely set. Add the remaining ingredients; stir-fry until heated through. Yield: 2 servings.
1-3/4 cups equals 520 calories, 22 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 274 mg cholesterol, 643 mg sodium, 47 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 32 g protein.
Reviews for Chicken Fried Rice for Two
"Delicious recipe! The addition of fresh vegetables gave it an authentic taste. I doubled the recipe for my family of four. I didn't have green onion on hand, so. I boiled some green beans and added them to the mix. I substituted the cubed chicken for one pound of shredded rotisserie chicken."
"Ok quick dinner with left overs"
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer