Chicken Fried Rice for Two Recipe
- 3/4 cup finely chopped carrot
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 4-1/2 teaspoons canola oil
- 2 cups cold cooked instant rice
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup cubed cooked chicken
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a large skillet or wok, stir-fry carrot and celery in oil for 5 minutes or until crisp-tender. Add rice; stir-fry for 3 minutes or until heated through.
- 2. Make a well in the center of the rice mixture; add eggs. Stir-fry for 2-3 minutes or until eggs are completely set. Add the remaining ingredients; stir-fry until heated through. Yield: 2 servings.
1-3/4 cup: 520 calories, 22g fat (4g saturated fat), 274mg cholesterol, 643mg sodium, 47g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fiber), 32g protein
Reviews for Chicken Fried Rice for Two
"Delicious recipe! The addition of fresh vegetables gave it an authentic taste. I doubled the recipe for my family of four. I didn't have green onion on hand, so. I boiled some green beans and added them to the mix. I substituted the cubed chicken for one pound of shredded rotisserie chicken."
"Ok quick dinner with left overs"
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer