Chicken Fried Rice for Four Recipe
- 2 egg whites
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup frozen mixed vegetables
- 2 cups diced cooked chicken breast
- 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 3 cups cold cooked rice
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the egg whites, egg and 1/4 teaspoon salt. In a large nonstick skillet or wok coated with cooking spray, cook the egg mixture over medium heat. As eggs set, lift edges, letting uncooked portion flow underneath. When the eggs are set, remove and cut into 1-in. pieces; keep warm.
- 2. In the same pan, stir-fry the onion and garlic until tender. Add vegetables; cover and cook over medium-high heat for 3-4 minutes or until no longer frozen. Stir in the chicken, soy sauce and remaining salt; cook for 1 minute. Add rice; stir-fry for 4-5 minutes or until heated through. Add eggs; heat through. Yield: 4 servings.
1-1/4 cups equals 325 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 107 mg cholesterol, 854 mg sodium, 41 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 29 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 starch, 1 vegetable.
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer