"It takes only a few minutes to brown the meat before assembling this savory meal," assures Connie Slocum from Brunswick, Georgia. "The pork chops simmer all day in a flavorful sauce until they're tender."
6 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Cook: 6 hours
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 6 pork loin chops (3/4 inch thick), trimmed
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1/3 cup water
- In a shallow bowl, combine flour, salt, mustard and garlic powder;
- dredge pork chops. In a skillet, brown the chops on both sides in
- oil. Place in a 5-qt. slow cooker. Combine soup and water; pour over
- chops. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until meat is tender.
- If desired, thicken pan juices and serve with the pork chops. Yield:
- 6 servings.
Wine: Light-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.