We top homemade focaccia with chicken, olives and cheese for an incredible appetizer pizza. The recipe feeds a crowd, so it's great for parties.—Taste of Home Test Kitchen
Featured In: Game Day Potluck Recipes
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- 1 cup warm water (110° to 115°)
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 to 3-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons cornmeal
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- 2 plum tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Ranch salad dressing, optional
- In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Add 2 tablespoons oil, sugar, Italian seasoning, salt and 2-1/2 cups flour. Beat on medium speed for 3 minutes or until smooth. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough (dough will be sticky).
- Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease the top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 40 minutes.
- Sprinkle cornmeal over two greased 12-in. pizza pans. Punch dough down; turn onto a lightly floured surface. Divide in half; roll each portion into a 13-in. circle. Transfer to prepared pans; build up edges slightly. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 40 minutes.
- Brush crusts with remaining oil; sprinkle with garlic and basil. Top with chicken, tomatoes, olives and cheeses. Bake at 400° for 22-26 minutes or until crusts are golden brown. Serve with ranch dressing if desired. Yield: 2 pizzas (8 slices each).
Originally published as Chicken Focaccia Pizzas in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2010, p29
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Chicken Focaccia Pizzas
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review