These individual chicken breast rolls may take some time to prepare, but their outstanding flavor makes it well worth it. Get ready to copy the recipe for all who taste it!
6-8 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 10 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and well drained
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 cup dry bread crumbs
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- Pound chicken to 1/4-in. thickness; brush each with honey. Combine
- spinach and cheese; place about 2 tablespoons in the center of each
- chicken breast. Fold long sides over filling; fold ends up and
- secure with a toothpick. Place, seam side down, in a shallow pan.
- Cover and refrigerate for several hours.
- In a shallow bowl, combine the flour, garlic salt and pepper. In
- another shallow bowl, beat egg and milk. Dredge chicken in flour
- mixture, dip in egg mixture and roll in bread crumbs.
- Heat oil in a deep-fat fryer to 375°. Fry chicken, several rolls
- at a time, for 1-1/2 minutes or until golden brown. Place in an