- 1 package (6 ounces) fresh baby spinach
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 8 slices sourdough bread
- 1/4 cup creamy Italian salad dressing
- 8 slices provolone cheese
- 1/2 pound shaved deli chicken
- 2 slices red onion, separated into rings
- In a large skillet, saute spinach in oil for 2 minutes or until wilted; drain.
- Spread four bread slices with salad dressing. Layer with a cheese slice, chicken, spinach, onion and another cheese slice. Top with remaining bread. Butter outsides of sandwiches.
- Cook on a panini maker or indoor grill until bread is browned and cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Chicken Florentine Panini in Taste of Home October/November 2006, p49
Reviews for Chicken Florentine Panini
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jun. 13, 2012
"I have made this many, many times. I usually use deli turkey though and it's good either way. My whole family loves it!"
Reviewed Jun. 29, 2011
"This was very good."
Reviewed Jan. 8, 2010
"Used facoccia bread instead of sourdough...wonderful!"