Chicken Florentine Panini Recipe
Chicken Florentine Panini, from Lee Bremson of Kansas City, Missouri, brings an Italian flair to this speedy meal. The grilled sandwich combines chicken with provolone cheese, spinach and red onion.
- 1 package (6 ounces) fresh baby spinach
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 8 slices sourdough bread
- 1/4 cup creamy Italian salad dressing
- 8 slices provolone cheese
- 1/2 pound shaved deli chicken
- 2 slices red onion, separated into rings
- In a large skillet, saute spinach in oil for 2 minutes or until wilted; drain.
- Spread four bread slices with salad dressing. Layer with a cheese slice, chicken, spinach, onion and another cheese slice. Top with remaining bread. Butter outsides of sandwiches.
- Cook on a panini maker or indoor grill until bread is browned and cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Chicken Florentine Panini in Taste of Home October/November 2006, p49
Reviews for Chicken Florentine Panini(3)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jun. 13, 2012
I have made this many, many times. I usually use deli turkey though and it's good either way. My whole family loves it!
Reviewed Jun. 29, 2011
This was very good.
Reviewed Jan. 8, 2010
Used facoccia bread instead of sourdough...wonderful!