- at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until no longer pink. Meanwhile,
- cut squash in half lengthwise; discard seeds. Place squash cut side
- down on a microwave-safe plate. Microwave, uncovered, on high for
- 15-18 minutes or until tender.
- For sauce, in a large nonstick skillet, saute mushrooms in oil until
- tender. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce
- heat; simmer, uncovered, for 8-10 minutes or until slightly
- thickened. Add meatballs and heat through.
- When squash is cool enough to handle, use a fork to separate strands.
- Serve with meatballs and sauce. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 each equals 303 calories, 12 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 123 mg cholesterol, 617 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 7 g fiber, 22 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Wine: Medium-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.