- 2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
- 3 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen creamed spinach, thawed
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup loosely packed minced fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350°. Cook macaroni according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine chicken, soup, cheese, spinach, mayonnaise, basil, garlic powder, thyme and pepper.
- Drain macaroni; gently stir into chicken mixture. Transfer to an ungreased 2-1/2-qt. baking dish. Toss bread crumbs and butter; sprinkle over casserole.
- Bake, uncovered, 40-45 minutes or until bubbly. Yield: 6 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Chicken Florentine Casserole
"Very tasty! My husband & son enjoyed every bite!"
"Absolutely delicious! This is a keeper! Recipe works perfectly as is, down to size of casserole dish!"
"This was a fabulous casserole! Funny thing is, my husband messed up and grabbed condensed cream of chicken instead of the condensed cream of mushroom! But it was STILL a hit! The bread crumbs made the crunch sooo yummy! I felt it needed a little more salt to taste. I'll definitely be making this over again!"
"A huge success at our house, which includes some picky eaters! Feeding the kids spinach without complaints is a huge accomplishment. Great flavor."
"I made this as is and thought it was good. To all recipe raters, you should make recipe as stated, then make it again adding your own changes. I used dried basil did not have fresh."