- 2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
- 3 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen creamed spinach, thawed
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup loosely packed minced fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350°. Cook macaroni according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine chicken, soup, cheese, spinach, mayonnaise, basil, garlic powder, thyme and pepper.
- Drain macaroni; gently stir into chicken mixture. Transfer to an ungreased 2-1/2-qt. baking dish. Toss bread crumbs and butter; sprinkle over casserole.
- Bake, uncovered, 40-45 minutes or until bubbly. Yield: 6 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Chicken Florentine Casserole
Sort By :
Absolutely delicious! This is a keeper! Recipe works perfectly as is, down to size of casserole dish!
This was a fabulous casserole! Funny thing is, my husband messed up and grabbed condensed cream of chicken instead of the condensed cream of mushroom! But it was STILL a hit! The bread crumbs made the crunch sooo yummy! I felt it needed a little more salt to taste. I'll definitely be making this over again!
A huge success at our house, which includes some picky eaters! Feeding the kids spinach without complaints is a huge accomplishment. Great flavor.
I made this as is and thought it was good. To all recipe raters, you should make recipe as stated, then make it again adding your own changes. I used dried basil did not have fresh.
While this recipe looks and sounds very good it is WAY to fattening and contains much to much sodium