- 2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
- 3 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen creamed spinach, thawed
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup loosely packed minced fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350°. Cook macaroni according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine chicken, soup, cheese, spinach, mayonnaise, basil, garlic powder, thyme and pepper.
- Drain macaroni; gently stir into chicken mixture. Transfer to an ungreased 2-1/2-qt. baking dish. Toss bread crumbs and butter; sprinkle over casserole.
- Bake, uncovered, 40-45 minutes or until bubbly. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forChicken Florentine Casserole
"I'm giving 5 stars. I m sure the original is just as good. I modified mine to use ingredients I had on hand. Everybody gave a thumbs up. Used fresh spinach - about 10-16 oz. Because the fresh spinach was not creamed I added 3 - 4 oz reduced fat cream cheese. I sauteed a sweet onion with 1/2 whole chicken (cubed) and I used reduced salt cream of chicken soup."
"Very tasty! My husband & son enjoyed every bite!"
"Absolutely delicious! This is a keeper! Recipe works perfectly as is, down to size of casserole dish!"
"This was a fabulous casserole! Funny thing is, my husband messed up and grabbed condensed cream of chicken instead of the condensed cream of mushroom! But it was STILL a hit! The bread crumbs made the crunch sooo yummy! I felt it needed a little more salt to taste. I'll definitely be making this over again!"
"A huge success at our house, which includes some picky eaters! Feeding the kids spinach without complaints is a huge accomplishment. Great flavor."
"I made this as is and thought it was good. To all recipe raters, you should make recipe as stated, then make it again adding your own changes. I used dried basil did not have fresh."
"While this recipe looks and sounds very good it is WAY to fattening and contains much to much sodium"
"I just finished baking this dish for dinner tonight. I had to taste it though. It is an excellent and delicious recipe. I'm an onion-garlic person. So I had to tweak this slightly. I sautéed 4 garlic cloves and ½ c chopped onions with the spinach in a touch of olive oil & a sprinkle of crushed hot pepper flakes. I omitted the garlic powder. I am not a mayonnaise fan so I subbed plain nonfat Greek yogurt. I did use Swiss cheese but that can be varied with another compatible and comparable cheese easily. Next time I make it, I will add a little ricotta (or cottage) cheese."
"looks like a fun recipe to try, i think we'll have it tonight."