Chicken Florentine Casserole Recipe
Creamy and comforting, this chicken and spinach bake is sure to be a hit at dinnertime. The toasty bread crumb topping delivers a bit of a crunch.Dori Jackson, Gulf Breeze, Florida
- 2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
- 3 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen creamed spinach, thawed
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup loosely packed minced fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Cook macaroni according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the chicken, soup, cheese, spinach, mayonnaise, basil, garlic powder, thyme and pepper.
- Drain macaroni; gently stir into chicken mixture. Transfer to an ungreased 2-1/2-qt. baking dish. Toss bread crumbs and butter; sprinkle over casserole.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until bubbly. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Chicken Florentine Casserole in The Taste of Home Cookbook 2011, p51
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Chicken Florentine Casserole(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Baked Chicken >
- Baked Pasta >
- Casseroles >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Chicken Casserole >
- Chicken Casserole Recipes >
- Chicken Casseroles >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Florentine >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >