From Courtland, Minnesota, Florence Arbes gets a head start on a flavorful rice side dish with this mixture. With just five ingredients, it's simple to prepare and can be stored in an airtight container for up to 6 months.
- 3 tablespoons chicken bouillon granules
- 3 tablespoons dried parsley flakes
- 1 tablespoon dried celery flakes
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onion
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS:
- 1 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups water
- In a bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Store in an airtight container for up to 6 months. Yield: 3 batches (about 3/4 cup total).
- To prepare rice: In a saucepan, saute rice in butter until lightly browned. Add water and about 1/4 cup of seasoning mix. Bring to a boil; reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until the rice is tender. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Originally published as Chicken-Flavored Rice Mix in Quick Cooking July/August 2000, p19
Reviews for Chicken-Flavored Rice Mix for a Crowd
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jul. 31, 2008
"I fixed this for DATC and people loved it!"