From Courtland, Minnesota, Florence Arbes gets a head start on a flavorful rice side dish with this mixture. With just five ingredients, it's simple to prepare and can be stored in an airtight container for up to 6 months.
- 3 tablespoons chicken bouillon granules
- 3 tablespoons dried parsley flakes
- 1 tablespoon dried celery flakes
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onion
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS:
- 1 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups water
- In a bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Store in an airtight container for up to 6 months. Yield: 3 batches (about 3/4 cup total).
- To prepare rice: In a saucepan, saute rice in butter until lightly browned. Add water and about 1/4 cup of seasoning mix. Bring to a boil; reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until the rice is tender. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Originally published as Chicken-Flavored Rice Mix in Quick Cooking July/August 2000, p19
Reviews for Chicken-Flavored Rice Mix for a Crowd
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review