Chicken-Flavored Rice Mix
From Courtland, Minnesota, Florence Arbes gets a head start on a flavorful rice side dish with this mixture. With just five ingredients, it's simple to prepare and can be stored in an airtight container for up to 6 months.
12-18 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Cook: 20 min.
- 3 tablespoons chicken bouillon granules
- 3 tablespoons dried parsley flakes
- 1 tablespoon dried celery flakes
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onion
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS:
- 1 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups water
- In a bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Store in an airtight
- container for up to 6 months. Yield: 3 batches (about 3/4 cup
- To prepare rice: In a saucepan, saute rice in butter until lightly
- browned. Add water and about 1/4 cup of seasoning mix. Bring to a
- boil; reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until the rice
- is tender. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 153 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 11 mg cholesterol, 461 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein.