Almost everyone in my family requests this golden breaded chicken as their birthday dinner entree. I begin marinating the chicken strips early in the day to cut down on last-minute fuss.—Charlotte Baillargeon, Hinsdale, Massachusetts
6 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + marinating Cook: 20 min.
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts (6 ounces each)
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1-1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Oil for frying
- Cut the chicken into 1/2-in. strips; In a large resealable plastic
- bag, combine the egg, buttermilk and garlic powder; add chicken.
- Seal bag and turn to coat.; refrigerate for 2-4 hours.
- Drain and discard marinade. In another large resealable plastic bag,
- combine the flour, bread crumbs, salt and baking powder; add
- chicken. Seal bag and toss to coat.
- In an electric skillet, heat oil to 375°. Fry the chicken in
- batches for 4-5 minutes or until golden brown on both sides. Drain
- on paper towels. Yield: 6 servings.