Chicken Fingers Recipe
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts (6 ounces each)
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1-1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Oil for frying
- 1. Cut the chicken into 1/2-in. strips; In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the egg, buttermilk and garlic powder; add chicken. Seal bag and turn to coat.; refrigerate for 2-4 hours.
- 2. Drain and discard marinade. In another large resealable plastic bag, combine the flour, bread crumbs, salt and baking powder; add chicken. Seal bag and toss to coat.
- 3. In an electric skillet, heat oil to 375°. Fry the chicken in batches for 4-5 minutes or until golden brown on both sides. Drain on paper towels. Yield: 6 servings.
6 ounce-weight: 363 calories, 6g fat (2g saturated fat), 131mg cholesterol, 882mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 42g protein
Reviews for Chicken Fingers
"These were good. Made as written Would do again without any adjustments. Made them as part of appetizer night and their were no leftovers."
"just finished making them. not good at all. very bland breading was falling off. i gave it 1 star cause i was required to do it!"
"Our whole family raved over this recipe. I will make it again!"
"Excellent! My family enjoys this recipe. Sometimes, in place of the bread crumbs I will use crushed saltines, or I'll use regular bread crumbs but add 1tsp garlic powder, 1/2 tsp. Basil, one half teaspoon smoked paprika, 1/8 teaspoon pepper. Anyway you make it, it's fantastic."
"This was great! I made it with gluten-free bread crumbs and gluten-free flour. My family loved it, and my daughter who has issues with gluten was thrilled!"
"one of my favorites :o)"
"These chicken fingers have been a favorite of our family for years. I was a lunchroom director and increased this reciepe to make enough for 200 so we could serve them at school. We baked them for effeciency sake and they were great. No preservatives and really good."
"These are the best, whenever I make them I have to make a double batch my family can never get enough. serve them with ranch dip and savory biscuit bites (recipe on this web site). Yummy!(edit to my review)I use Italian bread crumbs instead of plain, adds a little extra kick. Make sure your cooking oil is nice and hot and stays hot while you are cooking large batches to keep breading from falling off."
"Made multiple times over the years. Meat is very tender from the buttermilk. I added pepper."
"Very good Chicken Fingers Recipe. The only reason why I did not give it 5 stars is because for our taste it could have a bit more flavor. Otherwise very good and will make again!"
"This is the best recipe for Chicken Fingers!! I make a double batch almost weekly for my son who is a very picky eater! I serve with honey mustard sauce and they are very good. Everyone always asks for the recipe!"
"Instead of seasoned bread crumbs, I used croutons and I added an 1/8 tsp. of red pepper to the breading. I also used whole, skinless pieces of chicken and after browning them, finished them in a 375º oven for 35 minutes."