Chicken Fingers with Lemon Sauce Recipe
- 1 jar (10 ounces) lemon curd
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 1-1/4 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- Oil for frying
- In a small saucepan, combine the lemon curd, broth, soy sauce and ginger. Cook and stir until combined and heated through; keep warm.
- In a shallow bowl, combine buttermilk and lemon peel. In another bowl, combine flour and cornstarch. Dip chicken in buttermilk mixture, then coat with flour mixture.
- In an electric skillet, heat oil to 375°. Fry chicken, a few strips at a time, for 2-3 minutes on each side or until no longer pink. Drain on paper towels. Serve with lemon sauce. Yield: 4 servings (1-1/4 cups sauce).
Reviews for Chicken Fingers with Lemon Sauce
Sort By :
"the sauce is great and freezes well"
"I liked the breading on the chicken but the sauce was a little too sweet for me to have a lot of. I used a candy/oil thermometer in my pan when I fried the oil, although I had a hard time keeping the oil above 350 they still cooked just fine. The leftover chicken went in my salad for lunch the next day."
"This is good!"
"You mentioned an apple rice pilaf salad that you pair with the chicken. Can't find the recipe. Help"