Chicken Fingers with Lemon Sauce Recipe
"My husband turned up his nose when he saw me making this the first time, but he absolutely flipped when he tasted it. I like to serve the chicken with an apple rice pilaf salad." —Amanda Donnelly, Fairborn, Ohio
- 1 jar (10 ounces) lemon curd
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 1-1/4 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- Oil for frying
- 1. In a small saucepan, combine the lemon curd, broth, soy sauce and ginger. Cook and stir until combined and heated through; keep warm.
- 2. In a shallow bowl, combine buttermilk and lemon peel. In another bowl, combine flour and cornstarch. Dip chicken in buttermilk mixture, then coat with flour mixture.
- 3. In an electric skillet, heat oil to 375°. Fry chicken, a few strips at a time, for 2-3 minutes on each side or until no longer pink. Drain on paper towels. Serve with lemon sauce. Yield: 4 servings (1-1/4 cups sauce).
4 ounces cooked chicken with 1/3 cup sauce equals 680 calories, 21 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 139 mg cholesterol, 271 mg sodium, 83 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 32 g protein.
Reviews for Chicken Fingers with Lemon Sauce
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC