- 1 jar (10 ounces) lemon curd
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 1-1/4 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- Oil for frying
- In a small saucepan, combine the lemon curd, broth, soy sauce and ginger. Cook and stir until combined and heated through; keep warm.
- In a shallow bowl, combine buttermilk and lemon peel. In another bowl, combine flour and cornstarch. Dip chicken in buttermilk mixture, then coat with flour mixture.
- In an electric skillet, heat oil to 375°. Fry chicken, a few strips at a time, for 2-3 minutes on each side or until no longer pink. Drain on paper towels. Serve with lemon sauce. Yield: 4 servings (1-1/4 cups sauce).
Reviews for Chicken Fingers with Lemon Sauce
"the sauce is great and freezes well"
"This is good!"
"You mentioned an apple rice pilaf salad that you pair with the chicken. Can't find the recipe. Help"
"We tried this with Lime Curd Instead of Lemon Curd. Should have rolled it in coconut since we added the lime.Very easy recipe to make with great results."
"Can the lemon curd be made with splenda instead of sugar, my Mom is a diabetic and has to watch her carbs.SincerelySharon Williamson"
"These could be baked instead of deep fried. I've successfully baked tenders whether they be fully cooked tenders or raw ones. Preheat oven to about 350 degrees, spray a baking pan well with cooking spray, place tenders & give them a good spray. Cook around 8 minutes, then turn them over & spray well again, if needed, and cook another 8 minutes or until dones. When done, place tenders on paper towels to remove excess oil."
"Way too many carbs. What if you don't have an electric fry pan?judith sarah"
"This sounds really good, but the fat and calorie content is way too high!"
"This was SO delicious! I couldn't find buttermilk so I used regular 2% milk. Can't wait to make it again."