- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts (6 ounces each)
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1-1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Oil for frying
- Cut the chicken into 1/2-in. strips; In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the egg, buttermilk and garlic powder; add chicken. Seal bag and turn to coat.; refrigerate for 2-4 hours.
- Drain and discard marinade. In another large resealable plastic bag, combine the flour, bread crumbs, salt and baking powder; add chicken. Seal bag and toss to coat.
- In an electric skillet, heat oil to 375°. Fry the chicken in batches for 4-5 minutes or until golden brown on both sides. Drain on paper towels. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Chicken Fingers
Sort By :
"These were good. Made as written Would do again without any adjustments. Made them as part of appetizer night and their were no leftovers."
"just finished making them. not good at all. very bland breading was falling off. i gave it 1 star cause i was required to do it!"
"Our whole family raved over this recipe. I will make it again!"
"Excellent! My family enjoys this recipe. Sometimes, in place of the bread crumbs I will use crushed saltines, or I'll use regular bread crumbs but add 1tsp garlic powder, 1/2 tsp. Basil, one half teaspoon smoked paprika, 1/8 teaspoon pepper. Anyway you make it, it's fantastic."
"This was great! I made it with gluten-free bread crumbs and gluten-free flour. My family loved it, and my daughter who has issues with gluten was thrilled!"