Chicken Fingers Recipe
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts (6 ounces each)
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1-1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Oil for frying
- Cut the chicken into 1/2-in. strips; In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the egg, buttermilk and garlic powder; add chicken. Seal bag and turn to coat.; refrigerate for 2-4 hours.
- Drain and discard marinade. In another large resealable plastic bag, combine the flour, bread crumbs, salt and baking powder; add chicken. Seal bag and toss to coat.
- In an electric skillet, heat oil to 375°. Fry the chicken in batches for 4-5 minutes or until golden brown on both sides. Drain on paper towels. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Chicken Fingers(8)
Sort By :
This was great! I made it with gluten-free bread crumbs and gluten-free flour. My family loved it, and my daughter who has issues with gluten was thrilled!
one of my favorites :o)
These chicken fingers have been a favorite of our family for years. I was a lunchroom director and increased this reciepe to make enough for 200 so we could serve them at school. We baked them for effeciency sake and they were great. No preservatives and really good.