Chicken Fingers Recipe
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts (6 ounces each)
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1-1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Oil for frying
- Cut the chicken into 1/2-in. strips; In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the egg, buttermilk and garlic powder; add chicken. Seal bag and turn to coat.; refrigerate for 2-4 hours.
- Drain and discard marinade. In another large resealable plastic bag, combine the flour, bread crumbs, salt and baking powder; add chicken. Seal bag and toss to coat.
- In an electric skillet, heat oil to 375°. Fry the chicken in batches for 4-5 minutes or until golden brown on both sides. Drain on paper towels. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Chicken Fingers
Sort By :
"just finished making them. not good at all. very bland breading was falling off. i gave it 1 star cause i was required to do it!"
"Our whole family raved over this recipe. I will make it again!"
"Excellent! My family enjoys this recipe. Sometimes, in place of the bread crumbs I will use crushed saltines, or I'll use regular bread crumbs but add 1tsp garlic powder, 1/2 tsp. Basil, one half teaspoon smoked paprika, 1/8 teaspoon pepper. Anyway you make it, it's fantastic."
"This was great! I made it with gluten-free bread crumbs and gluten-free flour. My family loved it, and my daughter who has issues with gluten was thrilled!"