Chicken Finger Tacos for Two Recipe
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 chicken tenderloins
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 4 corn tortillas (6 inches), warmed
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Salsa, sour cream, guacamole, chopped tomatoes, shredded lettuce and fresh cilantro leaves, optional
- 1. Place egg in a shallow bowl. In another shallow bowl, combine the bread crumbs, salt and pepper. Dip chicken in egg, then roll in bread crumb mixture.
- 2. In a large skillet over medium heat, cook chicken in oil for 4-5 minutes on each side or until juices run clear. Serve on tortillas with cheese and optional ingredients if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
2 each: 403 calories, 17g fat (5g saturated fat), 119mg cholesterol, 775mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 3g fiber), 28g protein
Reviews for Chicken Finger Tacos for Two
"What a great idea. This is so simple and my 13 YO granddaughter loves chicken fingers and tacos. Using frozen prepared chicken fingers made for a quick meal."
"AMAZING! My husband requests that this be made at least once a week...I use egg whites from a carton to make it lower fat, and some cajun seasonings for the breading to make it spicy : ) I gave this recipe to a friend and her family begs her to make it all the time too!!!"
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.