Chicken Fiesta Salad Recipe
This is a dish I can prepare in fifteen minutes! My husband gave me the secret of using the broiler to cook chicken faster and I discovered the spice blend as I tried to find ways to use this quick cooking technique. It became a very tasty success. —Katie Rankin, Columbus, Ohio
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1-1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried basil
- 3/4 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 4 cups torn mixed salad greens
- 2/3 cup canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1 small tomato, sliced
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Tortilla chips, salsa and ranch salad dressing
- 1. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the seasonings. Add chicken, a few pieces at a time, and shake to coat.
- 2. Place chicken on a greased broiler pan. Broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 3-4 minutes on each side or no longer pink.
- 3. On two plates, arrange the salad greens, black beans, onion and tomato. Top with chicken and cheese. Serve with tortilla chips, salsa and ranch dressing. Yield: 2 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC