Chicken Fiesta Salad Recipe
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1-1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried basil
- 3/4 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 4 cups torn mixed salad greens
- 2/3 cup canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1 small tomato, sliced
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Tortilla chips, salsa and ranch salad dressing
- 1. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the seasonings. Add chicken, a few pieces at a time, and shake to coat.
- 2. Place chicken on a greased broiler pan. Broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 3-4 minutes on each side or no longer pink.
- 3. On two plates, arrange the salad greens, black beans, onion and tomato. Top with chicken and cheese. Serve with tortilla chips, salsa and ranch dressing. Yield: 2 servings.
1 serving (calculated without chips, salsa and dressing) equals 402 calories, 14 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 123 mg cholesterol, 795 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, 7 g fiber, 48 g protein.
Reviews for Chicken Fiesta Salad
"Chicken had a really good flavor. I added some diced avocado to the salad."
"My family absolutely loves salads and this one is one they will eat time after time. This recipe is definitely a keeper."
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.