For an entree with plenty of comforting flavor, I prepare this dish often.—Rochelle Brownlee, Big Timber, Montana
- 8 ounces uncooked fettuccine
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, cubed
- 1 jar (4-1/2 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 2-1/2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1/3 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 to 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook fettuccine according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a Dutch oven or large soup kettle, combine the soup, cream cheese, mushrooms, cream, butter and garlic powder. Cook and stir over medium heat until blended. Reduce heat to low; add cheeses and stir until melted. Add chicken; heat through. Drain fettuccine. Add to the chicken mixture; toss to coat.
- Transfer to a greased shallow 2-1/2-qt. baking dish. Combine topping ingredients; sprinkle over chicken mixture.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Uncover; bake 5-10 minutes longer or until golden brown. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Four-Cheese Chicken Fettuccine in Light & Tasty February/March 2003, p46
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Chicken Fettuccine with Cheese
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review