Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo Recipe
- 6 ounces uncooked fettuccine
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4-1/2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups fat-free half-and-half
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1. Cook fettuccine according to package directions. Meanwhile, in
- 2. a large skillet, saute chicken and onion in butter until chicken is no longer pink. Add the garlic, salt and cayenne; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in flour until blended.
- 3. Gradually add the half-and-half, peas and cheese. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Drain fettuccine; toss with chicken mixture. Yield: 4 servings.
1 cup equals 425 calories, 8 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 75 mg cholesterol, 577 mg sodium, 49 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 36 g protein.
Reviews for Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.