- 6 ounces uncooked fettuccine
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4-1/2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups fat-free half-and-half
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook fettuccine according to package directions. Meanwhile, in
- a large skillet, saute chicken and onion in butter until chicken is no longer pink. Add the garlic, salt and cayenne; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in flour until blended.
- Gradually add the half-and-half, peas and cheese. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Drain fettuccine; toss with chicken mixture. Yield: 4 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo
Sort By :
"This recipe was very flavorful. I liked the addition of onion and peas. I switched out and used whole wheat pasta and omitted the chicken. It was very fast to make. Rich and creamy. I would make it again."
"Yummy and quick!"
"My family really enjoyed this recipe. Who knew you could make Alfredo sauce from scratch...until this recipe (grin). I did knock down the cayenne from 1/8 teas to just a dash, and it was awesome. I've also prepared the recipe, but used rice in lieu of pasta for a change...like it too. Thank you!"
"Overall the whole family liked this recipe. the 6 oz of noodles weren't near enough for 2 adults and 2 teenage boys though. And next time I will be adding a skinless, boneless chicken thigh as the meat didn't have enough flavor."
"this recipe is not good. The sauce wasn't creamy and it tasted boring."