Chicken Feed Recipe
This wonderful casserole is one of my family's favorites. It is a great why to use leftover chicken.—Jill Kinder, Richlands, Virginia
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 2 cups fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme, divided
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 cups cubed leftover cooked chicken
- 4 cups leftover gravy
- 1 chicken bouillon cube, crushed
- Dash pepper
- 3 cups mashed potatoes
- 1. In a skillet, saute the onion, mushrooms, garlic and 1/4 teaspoon thyme in butter. Stir in the chicken, gravy, bouillon and pepper; spoon into a greased 3-qt. casserole. Combine potatoes and remaining thyme; spoon over mixture. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 45 minutes. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC