Chicken Fajitas for Two Recipe
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon liquid smoke, optional
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 medium onion, julienned
- 1/2 small sweet red or green pepper, julienned
- 1 teaspoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon lime juice
- 4 fat-free tortillas (6 inches), warmed
- Salsa and sour cream, optional
- 1. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first eight ingredients; if desired, add liquid smoke. Add chicken; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate at least 2 hours.
- 2. Drain chicken, discarding marinade. Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, rub on grill rack to coat lightly. Grill chicken, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat 4-6 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 165°.
- 3. In a large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add onion and red pepper; cook and stir 5-7 minutes or until tender. Stir in soy sauce and lime juice.
- 4. Cut chicken into thin slices; add to vegetables. Serve with tortillas and, if desired, salsa and sour cream. Yield: 2 servings.
1 serving (calculated without salsa and so: 246 calories, 8g fat (1g saturated fat), 66mg cholesterol, 628mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 3g fiber), 29g protein Diabetic Exchanges:1 starch, 3 lean meat, 1 fat
Reviews for Chicken Fajitas for Two
"I just made that rws. for chicken fajitas. I am sory but I did not wate for my family to come home I ate the hole dam thing.LOVED IT. SO IM NOT SO IN NOT SORY. email@example.com."
"My new go to recipe for chicken fajitas! Will be trying it with beef soon!"
"Very very good as so easy exactly as is! Nothing more to say. Try it."
"YUM ! Easy and tasty."
"Use olive oil instead of canola, use a tsp of good chili powder (try ancho) and a tsp of ground cumin. Add a handful of chopped cilantro. Don't marinade chicken for longer than 2 hours, otherwise the lime juice changes the consistency of the chicken."
"This is a wonderful marinade in this recipe. We followed the recipe for the marinade, using lemon juice instead of lime. Then we grilled the chicken and sliced it over Caesar Salad......wonderful.....my husband said he could eat it every day ! Definite keeper !"
"This was an amazing recipe. It was very authentic."
"This is my husband's favorite fajita recipe!!"
"This recipe comes the closest to my NM chicken fajitas! I'm passing on all my family. Thanks, Carol Stone Abq., NM"
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.