Fajitas are great for those evenings when you want to serve something fun and tasty, yet keep cooking to a minimum.
6 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + marinating Cook: 10 min.
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 whole boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 1 medium onion, cut into thin wedges
- 1/2 medium sweet red pepper, cut into strips
- 1/2 medium yellow pepper, cut into strips
- 1/2 medium green pepper, cut into strips
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 12 flour tortillas (8 inches)
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded low-fat cheddar cheese
- In a small bowl, combine lime juice, garlic, chili powder and cumin.
- Add chicken; stir. Marinate for 15 minutes. In a nonstick skillet,
- cook onion, chicken and marinade for 3 minutes or until chicken is
- no longer pink. Add peppers; saute for 3 to 5 minutes or until
- crisp-tender. Stir in salsa. Divide mixture among tortillas; top
- with cheese. Roll up and serve. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 2 fajitas equals 450 calories, 13 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 44 mg cholesterol, 799 mg sodium, 58 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 26 g protein.