- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Vegetable oil
- 1 medium green pepper, halved and seeded
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, halved and seeded
- 1 medium sweet onion, sliced
- 6 flour tortillas (8 inches)
- Guacamole, sour cream and shredded cheddar cheese, optional
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the vinegar, lime juice, oil, Worcestershire sauce, onion, garlic, salt if desired, oregano and cumin. Add chicken. Seal and refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
- Discard marinade. Lightly oil vegetables. Grill vegetables and chicken, uncovered, over medium heat for 12-15 minutes or until vegetables begin to soften and chicken juices run clear.
- Meanwhile, warm tortillas according to package directions. Quickly slice chicken and peppers into strips and separate onion slices into rings. Spoon chicken and vegetables down the center of tortillas; fold in sides. Garnish as desired with salsa, guacamole, sour cream and cheese. Yield: 6 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Chicken Fajitas
Sort By :
"These are some of the best fajitas I have ever had even in restaurants. I cooked it on the grill and it was sooooo good."
"My family loves this recipe! The flavors are wonderful. I cut the chicken into strips; instead of cooking on the grill, stir fried chicken, then added pre-cut vegetables to pan. I didn't drain the marinade sauce enough before cooking. There was a lot of sauce in the mix and it made the fajitas a little soggy. It was good anyway, but I think it would be easier to handle if it was not dripping. No one complained, just my own observation. I will try again soon, still plan to stir fry, but will drain better next time."
"even though i only had 30 min to marinade the chicken it still turned out really yummy!"