Chicken Fajita Spaghetti Recipe
- 8 ounces uncooked spaghetti
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1 small sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1 small sweet yellow pepper, julienned
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup taco sauce
- 1 envelope fajita seasoning mix
- 1. Cook the spaghetti according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook chicken over medium heat in oil until no longer pink; remove and keep warm.
- 2. In the same skillet, saute onion and peppers until tender. Add the chicken, chilies, water, taco sauce and fajita seasoning; heat through. Drain spaghetti; toss with chicken mixture. Yield: 6 servings.
1-1/4 cups equals 282 calories, 5 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 42 mg cholesterol, 722 mg sodium, 37 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 21 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 2 lean meat, 1 vegetable.
Reviews for Chicken Fajita Spaghetti
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.