Chicken Fajita Spaghetti Recipe
- 8 ounces uncooked spaghetti
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1 small sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1 small sweet yellow pepper, julienned
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup taco sauce
- 1 envelope fajita seasoning mix
- 1. Cook the spaghetti according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook chicken over medium heat in oil until no longer pink; remove and keep warm.
- 2. In the same skillet, saute onion and peppers until tender. Add the chicken, chilies, water, taco sauce and fajita seasoning; heat through. Drain spaghetti; toss with chicken mixture. Yield: 6 servings.
1-1/4 cups: 282 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 42mg cholesterol, 722mg sodium, 37g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 21g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 2 lean meat, 1 vegetable.
Reviews for Chicken Fajita Spaghetti
"I'm a little confused by the 4 and 5 star reviews on this one. It had no flavor other than being spicy, definitely something I would not make again. It was very easy to make so at least I didn't lose a lot of time on it."
"This was a great meal. My family loves pasta dishes and this is a good one. I added a poblano pepper along with the other peppers. I also added some fresh cilantro on top right before serving. I will definitely make this dish again."
"Absolutely delicious. I was going to double the water and taco sauce to make it creamier, but My 16 year old said to leave it as is. I did not have canned chilies so I added a handful of Hungarian hot wax peppers. Will definitely be making again!"
"This was very good. At first I found it to be a strange combination but the more I ate, the more I liked it. I did not have enough spaghetti for the leftovers so I used angel hair pasta which was very good."
"This was fantastic!!! such a burst of flavor! a new family favorite - will make it regularly for sure - it was so super simple too!! I too used the Ortega medium taco sauce and that gave enough bite to it - as i was going to add jalapenos as the suggestion if you want it hot (as my family love hot) but the medium sauce was sufficient!"
"This is excellent. I used the Ortega Medium Taco Sauce and it just has enough bite to it. This is so simple and the whole family raved about it. During Lent we don't eat meat on Friday's so we did shrimp instead of chicken and that was excellent too.Karen - Painted Post, NY"