This tasty dinner has been a great time-saver for me. I usually cut up the chicken, onion and peppers while our two young children are napping. Then, just before my husband gets home from work, I toss everything into the skillet while the pasta is cooking on another burner.—Heather Brown, Frisco, Texas
- 8 ounces uncooked spaghetti
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1 small sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1 small sweet yellow pepper, julienned
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup taco sauce
- 1 envelope fajita seasoning mix
- Cook the spaghetti according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook chicken over medium heat in oil until no longer pink; remove and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, saute onion and peppers until tender. Add the chicken, chilies, water, taco sauce and fajita seasoning; heat through. Drain spaghetti; toss with chicken mixture. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Chicken Fajita Spaghetti in Quick Cooking January/February 2006, p12
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Chicken Fajita Spaghetti
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review