- 8 ounces uncooked spaghetti
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1 small sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1 small sweet yellow pepper, julienned
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup taco sauce
- 1 envelope fajita seasoning mix
- Cook the spaghetti according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook chicken over medium heat in oil until no longer pink; remove and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, saute onion and peppers until tender. Add the chicken, chilies, water, taco sauce and fajita seasoning; heat through. Drain spaghetti; toss with chicken mixture. Yield: 6 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Chicken Fajita Spaghetti
Sort By :
"I'm a little confused by the 4 and 5 star reviews on this one. It had no flavor other than being spicy, definitely something I would not make again. It was very easy to make so at least I didn't lose a lot of time on it."
"This was a great meal. My family loves pasta dishes and this is a good one. I added a poblano pepper along with the other peppers. I also added some fresh cilantro on top right before serving. I will definitely make this dish again."
"Absolutely delicious. I was going to double the water and taco sauce to make it creamier, but My 16 year old said to leave it as is. I did not have canned chilies so I added a handful of Hungarian hot wax peppers. Will definitely be making again!"
"This was very good. At first I found it to be a strange combination but the more I ate, the more I liked it. I did not have enough spaghetti for the leftovers so I used angel hair pasta which was very good."
"This was fantastic!!! such a burst of flavor! a new family favorite - will make it regularly for sure - it was so super simple too!! I too used the Ortega medium taco sauce and that gave enough bite to it - as i was going to add jalapenos as the suggestion if you want it hot (as my family love hot) but the medium sauce was sufficient!"