Chicken Fajita Pizza Recipe
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- 1 cup warm water (110° to 115°)
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 2 cups sliced onions
- 2 cups sliced green peppers
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup salsa
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack or part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1. In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in water. Add flour, 2 tablespoons oil, 1 teaspoon salt and sugar. Beat vigorously by hand 20 strokes. Cover and let rest about 15 minutes.
- 2. Divide dough in half; press each portion into a greased 12-in. pizza pan. Prick dough several times with a fork. Bake at 425° for 6-8 minutes.
- 3. In a large skillet, saute chicken in remaining oil until no longer pink. Add the onions, peppers, chili powder, garlic powder and remaining salt; cook until vegetables are tender.
- 4. Spoon over crusts; top with salsa and cheese. Bake for 14-18 minutes or until crust is golden and cheese is melted. Yield: 2 pizzas (8 slices each).
1 slice equals 193 calories, 7 g fat (0 saturated fat), 23 mg cholesterol, 544 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 12 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 meat, 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.