- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- 1 cup warm water (110° to 115°)
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 2 cups sliced onions
- 2 cups sliced green peppers
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup salsa
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack or part-skim mozzarella cheese
- In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in water. Add flour, 2 tablespoons oil, 1 teaspoon salt and sugar. Beat vigorously by hand 20 strokes. Cover and let rest about 15 minutes.
- Divide dough in half; press each portion into a greased 12-in. pizza pan. Prick dough several times with a fork. Bake at 425° for 6-8 minutes.
- In a large skillet, saute chicken in remaining oil until no longer pink. Add the onions, peppers, chili powder, garlic powder and remaining salt; cook until vegetables are tender.
- Spoon over crusts; top with salsa and cheese. Bake for 14-18 minutes or until crust is golden and cheese is melted. Yield: 2 pizzas (8 slices each).
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Chicken Fajita Pizza
"My family really likes this pizza. My little sisters are young,and very picky, so they don't like the peppers and onions, but the rest of my family loves this recipe! Plus it is healthy."