Chicken Fajita Pasta Recipe
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into thin strips
- 2 tablespoons fajita seasoning mix, divided
- 2 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 8 ounces uncooked penne pasta
- 1 each medium green, sweet red and yellow pepper, sliced
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 jar (16 ounces) salsa
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- Sour cream, optional
- 1. Sprinkle chicken with 1 tablespoon fajita seasoning. In a large skillet over medium heat, cook chicken in 1 tablespoon oil for 6-8 minutes or until juices run clear. Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions.
- 2. Remove chicken and keep warm. In the same skillet, saute peppers and onion in remaining oil. Sprinkle with remaining fajita seasoning; stir until blended. Add the salsa, water and chicken; heat through.
- 3. Drain pasta; toss with chicken mixture. Sprinkle with cheese and cilantro. Serve with sour cream if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
1-1/4 cup: 251 calories, 7g fat (2g saturated fat), 35mg cholesterol, 519mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 2g fiber), 17g protein Diabetic Exchanges:1-1/2 starch, 2 lean meat, 1 vegetable, 1 fat
Reviews for Chicken Fajita Pasta
"Simple and delicious. Used Mexican Rotel (lime & cilantro) instead of salsa and mixed the leftover Rotel with corn for the perfect side."
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.