The flavor of fajitas shines through in this quick and easy pasta dish. A simple green salad completes the meal.—Stacy Myers, Wapakoneta, Ohio
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into thin strips
- 2 tablespoons fajita seasoning mix, divided
- 2 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 8 ounces uncooked penne pasta
- 1 each medium green, sweet red and yellow pepper, sliced
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 jar (16 ounces) salsa
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- Sour cream, optional
- Sprinkle chicken with 1 tablespoon fajita seasoning. In a large skillet over medium heat, cook chicken in 1 tablespoon oil for 6-8 minutes or until juices run clear. Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions.
- Remove chicken and keep warm. In the same skillet, saute peppers and onion in remaining oil. Sprinkle with remaining fajita seasoning; stir until blended. Add the salsa, water and chicken; heat through.
- Drain pasta; toss with chicken mixture. Sprinkle with cheese and cilantro. Serve with sour cream if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Chicken Fajita Pasta in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2009, p59
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Chicken Fajita Pasta
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Feb. 3, 2015
"Simple and delicious. Used Mexican Rotel (lime & cilantro) instead of salsa and mixed the leftover Rotel with corn for the perfect side."