The flavor of fajitas shines through in this quick and easy pasta dish. A simple green salad completes the meal.—Stacy Myers, Wapakoneta, Ohio
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into thin strips
- 2 tablespoons fajita seasoning mix, divided
- 2 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 8 ounces uncooked penne pasta
- 1 each medium green, sweet red and yellow pepper, sliced
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 jar (16 ounces) salsa
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- Sour cream, optional
- Sprinkle chicken with 1 tablespoon fajita seasoning. In a large skillet over medium heat, cook chicken in 1 tablespoon oil for 6-8 minutes or until juices run clear. Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions.
- Remove chicken and keep warm. In the same skillet, saute peppers and onion in remaining oil. Sprinkle with remaining fajita seasoning; stir until blended. Add the salsa, water and chicken; heat through.
- Drain pasta; toss with chicken mixture. Sprinkle with cheese and cilantro. Serve with sour cream if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Chicken Fajita Pasta in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2009, p59
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Chicken Fajita Pasta
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review