Chicken Fajita Alfredo
Would you like a to-go box for those fajitas? Yes—especially when you know you can fix a hearty recipe
like this with the leftovers! Other homemade or restaurant fajitas would work equally well in this dish. —Simple & Delicious Test Kitchen
5 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 8 ounces cellentani or spiral pasta
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 yellow summer squash, sliced
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 serving leftover Chili's chicken fajitas, coarsely chopped
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes with basil, oregano and garlic, undrained
- 3/4 cup Alfredo sauce
- 3/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a Dutch oven, saute mushrooms and squash in oil until
- tender. Add garlic; saute 1 minute longer. Stir in the fajitas,
- tomatoes, Alfredo sauce and oregano. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat;
- simmer, uncovered, for 5-10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Drain
- pasta; add to fajita mixture and toss to coat. Yield: 5 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1-1/2 cups equals 377 calories, 10 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 11 mg cholesterol, 1,217 mg sodium, 55 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 21 g protein.