- Remove meat from bones and cut into bite-size pieces. Discard bones.
- Return meat to the pot. Add escarole; cook 15 minutes longer.
- For meatballs, combine the first six ingredients in a large bowl.
- Crumble beef into mixture and mix well. Shape into marble-sized
- balls; add to simmering soup. Cook for 10 minutes or until meatballs
- are no longer pink.
- Yield: 22-24 servings (6 quarts).
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 115 calories, 6 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 33 mg cholesterol, 402 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 9 g protein.