Chicken Enchiladas for Four Recipe
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2-1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon dried coriander
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, divided
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 8 flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- Melt butter in a large saucepan. Stir in flour until smooth. Gradually add broth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in coriander and half of the chilies. In a large bowl, combine the chicken, Monterey Jack cheese and remaining chilies.
- Spoon 1/3 cup chicken mixture onto each tortilla; roll up. Place seam side down in an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Pour sauce over enchiladas. Sprinkle with cheddar cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 15-18 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Chicken Enchiladas for Four
Sort By :
This was very, very good and very easy! I used corn tortillas instead of flour because we do like them better and used cumin instead of coriander. I agree with the comment that it's nice it doesn't call for any soup. I had some fajita chicken breasts that I cooked and shredded which gave it even more of a spicy flavor . Very yummy. This will be one of our favorites . . . thank you for a great recipe!
Delicious and easy to make. My husband loved the taste and it was not too spicy.
this is a family favorite. It's fast and easy and my 5 guys from 7-34 all ask for this almost weekly, I like it just the way it is...
This is my "go to" chicken enchilada recipe - so good! I often mix up the sauce before I go to work, pop it in the fridge, and just warm it up that evening before assembling the enchiladas. Makes the recipe even easier. My family loves this delicious chicken dish and we make it often!
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Baked Chicken >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Enchiladas >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Dinners >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Enchiladas >
- Father's Day Dinners >
- Mexican Chicken Recipes >
- Mexican Dinners >
- Mexican Recipes >
- Quick Chicken Dinner Recipes >