Chicken Enchiladas for Four
These chicken enchiladas put a little zip into any menu. The rolled tortillas are filled with a hearty mixture of cheese, chicken and green chilies and then topped with a creamy sauce and more cheese. I sometimes use leftover turkey instead of chicken. —Karen Bourne, Magrath, Alberta
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2-1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon dried coriander
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, divided
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 8 flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- Melt butter in a large saucepan. Stir in flour until smooth.
- Gradually add broth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or
- until thickened. Stir in coriander and half of the chilies. In a
- large bowl, combine the chicken, Monterey Jack cheese and remaining
- Spoon 1/3 cup chicken mixture onto each tortilla; roll up. Place seam
- side down in an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Pour sauce
- over enchiladas. Sprinkle with cheddar cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 15-18 minutes or until heated
- through and cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 727 calories, 34 g fat (17 g saturated fat), 133 mg cholesterol, 1,631 mg sodium,