- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2-1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon dried coriander
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, divided
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 8 flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- Melt butter in a large saucepan. Stir in flour until smooth. Gradually add broth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in coriander and half of the chilies. In a large bowl, combine the chicken, Monterey Jack cheese and remaining chilies.
- Spoon 1/3 cup chicken mixture onto each tortilla; roll up. Place seam side down in an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Pour sauce over enchiladas. Sprinkle with cheddar cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 15-18 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Chicken Enchiladas for Four
Sort By :
"My grandkids loved this. The first time I made this, I rolled the tortillas as directed, Second time I layered the tortillas with rest of ingredients after cutting them in half. Used corn tortillas instead of flour. Will make again and again!"
"Very good and quick. Freezes well."
"OMG- Loved this recipe and my family loved it too! Will be making this again. Thank You for the recipe."
"Zippy and tasty. Easy to prepare. I reduced the cheese just a bit to accommodate my diet, but we didn't miss it. Husband thought it was great. I'll make it again."
"I made the recipe Saturday night for dinner and my husband loved it. I made 8, saved four for another meal; two for dinner and had two for lunch on Sunday. I used cumin. Still great. This is a keeper."