Chicken Enchiladas Recipe
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2-1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon dried coriander
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, divided
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 8 flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- Melt butter in a large saucepan. Stir in flour until smooth. Gradually add broth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in coriander and half of the chilies. In a large bowl, combine the chicken, Monterey Jack cheese and remaining chilies.
- Spoon 1/3 cup chicken mixture onto each tortilla; roll up. Place seam side down in an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Pour sauce over enchiladas. Sprinkle with cheddar cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 15-18 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Chicken Enchiladas(15)
Sort By :
This is my "go to" chicken enchilada recipe - so good! I often mix up the sauce before I go to work, pop it in the fridge, and just warm it up that evening before assembling the enchiladas. Makes the recipe even easier. My family loves this delicious chicken dish and we make it often!
Update: My husband cleaned up the leftovers and said they were really good. I will definitely make this again. I appreciate the fact that it doesn't contain canned soups.
I had some leftover chicken broth I needed to use, so I made this and it was good. Very mild, even with pepper jack cheese.
With 3 vegetarians & 2 meat eaters, dinner can be a challenge. This dish worked for all of us. I used vegetable broth instead of chicken broth for the sauce. For the non-meat eaters, I sautéed some green pepper, onion & garlic, then added some rice & topped it off with a little sauce. It was enjoyed by all!!
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Baked Chicken >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Enchiladas >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Dinners >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Enchiladas >
- Father's Day Dinners >
- Mexican Chicken Recipes >
- Mexican Dinners >
- Mexican Recipes >
- Quick Chicken Dinner Recipes >